SHEAFFER’s Snorkel CREST Touchdown
– Made in USA in 1958-59.
– Disassembled, Cleaned with water and soap then ultrasonicly washed.
– Scratches were removed from Cap, Barrel, Nib or Screw/Bottom Cap.
“Sheaffer” & “Made in USA” carvings on the Cap are very well preserved.
– The Gold Clip with white Dot is in excellent condition.
– Color is Glossy Black.
– 14k Gold Plated Cap, unscratched and polished.
– Original Feeder, the part underneath the nib was polished with a high gloss liquid abrasive – excellent condition
– A new Disk Gasket was installed inside the section.
– A new Bladder was installed : 100% Pure Talc Pur was applied and it was glued with Shellac.
– New O-Ring greased with 100% pure silicone, the seal is perfect.
– I Restored and Polished the Spring then silicone grease was applied
– The Spring was restored, polished and greased with Pure silicone.
– Touchdown Tubes have been restored and polihed – as good as new
– Snorkel Tube is in perfect condition and was polished aswell.
Tested with water, no leaking issue, good vaccum.
The liquid capacity is really good.
– Sheaffer’s Conical Two-tone 14k Nib, Made in USA – excellent condition
Carvings are stunning and sharp. The tipping material doesn’t seem very used.
– Gold trims were unscratched and jewel-like polished – excelllent condition
– The section was reinstalled on the barrel with shellac.
– Plastic parts were polished using blue then white DIALUX polishing compound with very soft buffing wheels.
– Metal parts were polished with green polishing compound then polished with red jewelry polishing compound.
Even the Touchdown Aluminum tubes shine brightly.
– All parts have been waxed with “Renaissance” Wax (National British Museum quality).
– The pen was simply dipped in Pilot Iroshizuku “take Sumi” Ink used on Tomoe River Paper for writing samples.
It writes smoothly with slight feedback. its medium line is juicy without variations.
No problem to mention, it worked perfectly fine.
– It was cleaned after these writing samples and is to be considered as an Uninked pen now.
This is a very good pen, in excellent condition, It was polished with great care.
Completely restored and serviced, It will last a few more decades eventually.
This is a rare highly collectable pen, unusal to see in this condition.
Its filling mechanism makes it pleasant and very clean to use.
There is one minor imperfection.
The top of the Cap was enforced when I got the pen.
I manage to make it look “roundish” again, then it was unscratched and polished without damaging the gold layer.
Never the less a tiny slope still remains, it can be seen on the macro pictures above.
In normal size, it’s barely noticeable.
Packed with great care, in a very strong box.
– PayPal Accepted using this email address “firstname.lastname@example.org”
– Bank Account Transfer Accepted
– Europe 08 EUR / International Tracked Priority Mail
– World 10 EUR / International Tracked Priority Mail
New Restored Pens are Released every Tuesdays and Fridays.