SHEAFFER Imperial Triumph IV Touchdown
– Made in USA in 1964.
– Disassembled, Cleaned with water and soap then ultrasonicly washed.
– Scratches were removed from Cap, Barrel, Nib or Screw/Bottom Cap.
“Sheaffer” carving on the barrel has faded but it’s still readable.
– The Gold Clip with white Dot is in excellent condition.
– Color is Sheaffer Burgundy.
– Original Feeder and Tube, the feeder part underneath the nib was polished with a high gloss liquid abrasive – excellent condition
– A new Bladder was installed : 100% Pure Talc Pur was applied and it was glued with Shellac.
– Touchdown system: New gasket greased with 100% pure silicone, the seal is perfect.
It works fine without any issue or leaking.
– Famous and lovely Sheaffer Inlaid “Diamond” 14k Nib – excellent condition
Carvings are perfectly well preserved and the tipping material seems fairly unused.
– Gold trims were unscratched and jewel-like polished – excelllent condition
– The section was not reinstalled with shellac.
Plastics from this era are very thin and next services will be easier.
There won’t be any possible crack on the barrel.
– Plastic parts were polished using blue then Dialux white polishing compound and and very soft polishing wheels.
– Metal parts were polished with green polishing compound then polished with red jewelry polishing compound.
Even the Touchdown Aluminum tubes shine brightly.
– All parts have been waxed with “Renaissance” Wax (National British Museum quality).
– It was tested on different Inks and Papers (Diamine “Grappe”, Iroshizuku “Momiji” on Clairefontaine Triumph and Tomoe River Papers).
It writes smoothly with slight feedback. its medium Semi-flex nib provide expected line variations.
No problem to mention, it worked perfectly fine.
– It was cleaned after these writing samples and is to be considered as an Uninked pen now.
This is a very good pen, in excellent condition, It was polished with great care.
Completely restored and serviced, It will last a few more decades eventually.
It’s a highly collectable Vintage Pen and way more affordable than a Sheaffer PFM, I would say.
I own several of these myself and use two of them as everyday writers, they never let me down, very reliable.
Packed with great care, in a very strong box.
– PayPal Accepted using this email address “firstname.lastname@example.org”
– Bank Account Transfer Accepted
– Europe 08 EUR / International Tracked Priority Mail
– World 10 EUR / International Tracked Priority Mail
New Restored Pens are Released every Tuesdays and Fridays.