Waterman’s 52 Fine-Flexible (1920’s)
– Made in USA around 1926-29.
– Dismantled, cleaned with mineral oil and soap then utrasonicly washed.
– Scratches removed from Cap, Body, Clip, Nib and Lever.
Carvings and “Ideal” Brand Logo from the Clip – Excellent condition.
– Lever was Made in USA during May 1929, gold plated – Very good condition.
It wears carvings on both sides, and underneath its head and the “Ideal” logo.
– Double Hallmarked Gold Band on the Body.
“Waterman’s – Ideal – Reg.US Pat. Office – RIPPLE”, “52” & End barrel carvings – As good as new.
“Ripple” were written on the earliest pens from 1926, to avoid misunderstanding with “Wood Grain” pens.
This one seems to be from to be from 1929, as it is written on its lever.
– Coulor is Red Rippled Ebonite, as good as new.
– Red ripple Feed polished – Excellent condition
– Waterman’s 14k N°2 Fine Flexible Gold nib – Very good condition.
“Waterman’s Ideal Registered US Patent Office 2 – Made in USA”
Carvings and tipping material are well preserved.
– Pressure Bar restored – Excellent condition
It Still wears some carvings “Pat. Applied for”
– New sac glued with Homemade Shellac and Pure talc powder on hte outside.
– Lever filling mechanism.
– Plastic parts were polished using blue compound and 100% natural polishing cream.
Then it was polished using DIALUX white polishing compound and and very soft polishing wheels.
– Metal parts were polished with green polishing compound then polished with red jewelry polishing compound.
– All parts have been waxed with a Homemade Wax (Carnauba & White Honeybee Wax).
– It was tested on white “Rhodia white lined pad N°19” paper with Pilot Iroshizuku “Shin Kai” Ink.
Very Smooth and feedbacky, the fine line allows very good variations.
No problem to mention, it worked perfectly fine.
– It was cleaned after these writing samples and is to be considered as an Uninked pen now.
This Pen is in excellent condition and It was polished with great care.
It will certainly pleased the flex nibs users.
It’s a very famous Vintage Waterman’s Flagship and hides a lot of noticeable small collectable things.
This is a Waterman’s must-have every Pen enthusiasts.
Packed with great care, in a very strong box.
– PayPal Accepted using this email address “firstname.lastname@example.org”
– Bank Account Transfer Accepted
– Europe 08 EUR / International Tracked Priority Mail
– World 10 EUR / International Tracked Priority Mail
New Restored Pens are Released every Fridays, here on my Etsy Shop and on social networks.