Conway Stewart 388 Restored & Serviced
– Made in England during the 1940’s.
– Disassembled, already Cleaned.
– Scratches were removed from Cap, Barrel, Body, Clip or Lever.
– Clip Engraved with Brand Mark – excellent condition.
– Body Carvings are in excellent condition.
– Trims are Gold Plated.
– Color is Glossy Black.
– Original Feeder polished with a high gloss liquid abrasive – excellent condition
– A new Bladder was already installed : 100% Pure Talc Pur applied.
– Conway Stewart #5 14k Gold Plated Flexible Nib – very good condition
Carvings are perfectly well preserved and the tipping material is unused.
– Lever Filler system.
– Pressure Bar was Restored.
Filling was tested with Ink without any leaking issues.
– Plastic parts were polished using blue compound and 100% natural polishing cream.
Then it was polished using DIALUX white polishing compound and and very soft polishing wheels.
– Metal parts were polished with green polishing compound then polished with red jewelry polishing compound.
– All parts have been waxed with “Renaissance” Wax (National British Museum quality).
– A thin layer of Ultra bright Polymer was applied for a greater protection against UV light or Fingerprints.
– It was tested on Rhodia #19 white pad with Iroshizuku “Yama budo” Ink.
Smooth and fast writer, with very good variations, from Medium to Double Broad.
No problem to mention, it worked perfectly fine.
– It was cleaned after these writing samples and is to be considered as an Uninked pen now.
– The section was reinstalled on the Barrel with shellac.
This Pen is beautiful and in excellent condition, works fine and was polished with great care.
It’s a good collectable Vintage British Pen or will please Vintage Gold Flex Nib writers.
It can easily handle heavy everyday usage.
Packed with great care, in a very strong box.
– PayPal Accepted using this email address “firstname.lastname@example.org”
– Bank Account Transfer Accepted
– Europe 08 EUR / International Tracked Priority Mail
– World 10 EUR / International Tracked Priority Mail
New Restored Pens are Released every Fridays, here on my Etsy Shop and on social networks.